Thursday, March 30, 2017

Americana Root Beer


Description: "The era of soda poppery began in the early 1990's. Early soft drinks or 'tonics' were brewed in a variety of flavors. Our extracts and flavor ingredients are brewed to duplicate the authentic production methods of yesteryear - we think this method creates the most flavorful soda. Enjoy well chilled. Cheers!"

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Caramel Color, Honey, Citric Acid, and Phosphoric Acid.

Smell: I immediately figured I'd enjoy this, the scent of vanilla hits you right off the bat, as well as something else that I couldn't put my finger on until I got a taste...


Head: I don't usually have a back up brew, and of course in this case, my camera wasn't ready. I will describe it as best as possible. The head as you can see, had filled about half the glass, but went down nearly immediately after the pouring had stopped.

Flavor: Now, the head was indicative of my one main gripe with this one, it didn't have a very good bite. It was one of the few times I might say that a brew was TOO sweet. I'm not saying it was bad, not at all, but it definitely brought it down a whole letter. But one thing that brought it back up, was that other flavor that was hinted in the scent was honey! I really enjoy a good soda with honey in the ingredients, as I personally think it's a superior flavor to sugar. Not much of an aftertaste to mention.

Overall: If it just had the bite, this might have gotten a solid A, but it just lost too much in the texture of it that I feel like heightened the sweetness too much. Still, I give this a HIGH C.



Purchased from: Rocket Fizz

No comments:

Post a Comment