Saturday, May 30, 2015

Barrel Brothers Root Beer

Ingredients: Water, High Fructose Corn Sweetener, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Quillaja Extract, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate as Preservatives.

Smell: When you open this up, you get a strong whiff of vanilla, but it doesn't overpower the rest of the natural root beer flavor. Very good and enjoyable.


Head: As you can see, not exceptionally tall or anything, but it lasted through the drink and I even had a good foam at the bottom of the glass when I finished up.

Flavor: My first impression was that this was going to be a solid B, maybe even an A. The mix of vanilla and sassafras was so balanced, I really enjoyed it. But... then suddenly as the first couple of drinks ended I noticed a funky after taste. Just stale, not sure how else to describe it. Even now, I still have this weird mixture that I can only describe as stale vanilla in my mouth.

Overall: Sadly, the aftertaste knocked this down a whole grade, otherwise I would have given it a B at the very least. But the first few sips are really glorious...

Purchased from Alsip Home & Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment