Friday, October 14, 2016

Waialua Soda Works Root Beer



Description: "finest Hawaiian quality."

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Sugar Blend (Cane Sugar and Maui Natural White Cane Sugar), Natural Flavor, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, and Hawaiian Vanilla Extract.

Smell: I honestly got pretty excited for this one the scent had all the things I liked. Just a sweet smell with that hint of vanilla in the background.


Head: As I always say, I try to get the picture the moment after I stop pouring. So as you can see, the head decreased rapidly until it was gone. I actually had a second less blurry shot, but at that point there was no head, so there was no point it posting.

Flavor: Again at first it hit all the same places that I love, sweet and vanilla.Then I noticed this almost watery quality to it. Then there was almost zero aftertaste. Like the watery quality washes away any lingering flavors that you could enjoy. Made the whole thing a lot less enjoyable.

Overall: An interesting case where the scent, and even the first impression was all positive, but in the end the strange texture, and just the lack of anything worth noting after brought the score down dramatically. Maybe it was just the disappointment I felt after something that seemed like a sure hit.


Purchased from Alsip Home & Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment