Saturday, August 27, 2016

After Dark Review: Sprecher Fire Brewed Hard Root Beer


So, these "After Dark" reviews will be a little different. Hard Root Beer isn't actually Root Beer in the strict sense. For the most part they're usually malt liquor with spices to  make the flavor resemble a real Root Beer. Because of this, I didn't think it would be fair to grade them on the same scale as a normal Root Beer. So, these reviews will be a bit simpler.


The first of two criteria's I'm going to look at is; does it actually taste similar to a Root Beer. In the case of Sprecher it definitely does not. It feels more like an actual beer that's been candied? It's sort of hard to explain. It has more akin to a Guiness than any Root Beer I've ever had. It is very smooth, but sort of heavy. Almost feels like a meal just to finish a single bottle.

The second criteria is; is it good? And I have to say, no. Every drink left me with a sour look on my face. I really could not stand this stuff, and had to toss out half the glass. Perhaps in another state of mind, I'd actually find this good, but when looking for a Hard Root Beer that actually simulates the flavor of Root Beer, avoid this.

Purchased from: Mariano's

No comments:

Post a Comment