Friday, August 26, 2016

Boom Chugga Lugga Cherry Root Bear

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Beet Sugar, Cherry Juice Concentrate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, and Sodium Benzoate as Preservative.

Smell: Honestly, I was hoping to maybe be a hit a little bit harder by the smell of cherry, but all I really got was the sweet smell of a creamy Root Beer.


Head: Usually I don't bring up the color of the Root Beer, because for the most part it's always that same brown color. But this one had a deep red color to it. As for the head itself, it barely existed.

Flavor: This is a solid Root Beer, in my opinion. The head had me worried that perhaps I'd gotten a flat bottle, but luckily it was not. The thing is, that the more I drank, the more I was disappointed by the lack of cherry flavor. I moved it around, really trying to see if I could coax it out, but nothing. I actually wonder if the cherry is what gives it its very delicious sweetness. But then as I was cleaning my glass, I noticed that the aftertaste was almost completely cherry. It was actually a nice surprise.

Overall: I was prepared to give this one a B. It had a lot of the things I liked, but it wasn't necessarily anything special either. But that hint of cherry that hits a bit after you're done with the drink really put it over the top for me.


Purchased from: Gift from family.

No comments:

Post a Comment