Thursday, September 15, 2016

After Dark Review: Not Your Father's Root Beer


So, this is probably the most well known of the Hard Root Beer family. I believe it's the only one I've ever seen on tap, so that's certainly a sign of its popularity.

First Criteria, does it taste like a Root Beer? This leans more of the Sprecher spectrum than the Best Damn spectrum. The malt is pretty strong, comparably. I will say it's definitely not as sweet as the Best Damn or Coney Island.


Second Criteria, is it good? This is probably going to get me some slack, but I'm speaking purely from the point of view of someone who's looking for the most "Root Beeriest" Hard Root Beer. It's simply not on par with Coney Island or Best Damn. It's not as totally undrinkable as Sprecher, not at all. In fact it's totally fine as a hard soda. It is however, the strongest of all four I've tried, at 5.9 abv. So if you really need to get a buzz from Hard Root Beer, maybe this is what you're looking for?

Purchased from: Meijer

No comments:

Post a Comment