Friday, September 9, 2016

Filbert's Draft Root Beer


Description: "Since 1926"

Ingredients: Carbonted Water, Pure Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)

Smell: Definitely a hint of vanilla in the scent. A good sign of things to come.


Head: Nothing to see here. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the head is already almost past the handle on the mug, and I take these pictures nearly immediately after. By the time I started drinking, the head was gone, and never came back.

Flavor: This one got an audible "Mmmm!" out of me. I was definitely hit up top with the taste of vanilla, which is always going to make this a top choice to me. There wasn't really any bite to it, nor was it very creamy, and it had almost a sort of flat aftertaste. However, it was still very good, the mix of sweet flavors was really something I'd been missing and was happy to find again with this one.

Overall: If I was to say anything I'd say this was a "B-". It had most of the things I really enjoy out of a Root Beer, but was also missing something that's hard to put my finger on. The aftertaste wasn't great either, but it doesn't last and doesn't taste "bad".


Purchased from Alsip Home & Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment