Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sea Dog Root Beer


Ingredients: Water. Cane Sugar, Caramel Coloring, Natural & Artificial Flavors including Wintergreen Oil, Anise, and Vanilla Spices, Herbs, Citric Acid, and Sodium Benzoate as Preservative.

Smell: A good sassafras scent, nothing hidden or overpowering.


Head: Not bad, height wise, but it lasted the entire drink, so that's a plus.

Flavor: I've read other reviews of Sea Dog who claim the Anise taste is too strong, but that wasn't my experience at all. In fact nothing really hit me as a stand out flavor. It has a good mix of everything, so nothing tastes bad either. No bad aftertaste either, a good standard flavor.

Overall: While I know this isn't true, sometimes I do question whether most of these Root Beers are just coming from the same breweries with different labels slapped on them. And I don't necessarily mean it as an insult, because I'd put most of the C average Root Beers in that thought process. Although to stand out to me, you have to have something that stands out against other Root Beers, and that's a slippery slope that can either end up incredible or terrible. There's nothing wrong with being average.


Purchased from Alsip Home & Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment