Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Capt'n Eli's Root Beer

Ingredients: Water, Cane Sugar, Caramel Coloring, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Including Wintergreen Oil, Anise, Vanilla, Spices, Herbs, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate as a Preservative

Smell: Mostly sweet and sassafras but there's certainly a strong smell of anise too.


Head: Pretty awesome. Nice and tall, in fact it surprised me so much, it sort of overflowed out as you can see. Shrinks down but still lasted the entire drink.

Flavor: In an odd way, the flavors that are normally more hidden are high on display here. Anise and vanilla don't quite overshadow the sassafras flavor, but they are quite strong. The bite is fine, and the aftertaste is the anise and vanilla for sure.

Overall: I've never had a drink where I've been torn between giving it a D or a B. Let me explain, this is certainly not an average either way. But it's a real fight between two flavors I have opposing taste for. I guess in the end I'll give it a B, because I didn't not like this one even though the anise was strong. But the flavor of vanilla was nice and strong as well, and the actual Root Beer flavor was enjoyable as well. So yeah, a B.
Purchased at D'Marie's Deli (Super awesome sandwich shop in Mokena.)

No comments:

Post a Comment