Thursday, July 24, 2014

Gale's Root Beer


Description: "I love root beer! While cooking in England some years ago, my root beer sources dried up and I was forced to do without. So I got a little brown terrier puppy and named him Rootie. When Rootie and I got bacvk to the United States I started making my own root beer to serve in my restaurants. Now I'm pleased to present my best batch ever! Rootie and I know you'll love it. Enjoy!"

Ingredients:  Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, Cinnamon, Ginger, Vanilla Extract, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, and Sodium Benzoate Added as Preservative

Smell: I was having a hard time figuring out what I was smelling, because I knew it wasn't Anise but it was strong. One look on the bottle told me; Cinnamon. The scent was strong in the mug as well.


Head: Excellent head, tall and lasted for a good long time. Not the entire drink, but then I did take a good long time drinking this one.

Flavor: Other than the normal flavor of sassafras, the strongest taste you get is the cinnamon which is only strengthened by the ginger. The bite is strong with this one, but I like a stronger bite, but I wouldn't call it smooth at all. The aftertaste is long lasting and vanilla.

Overall: I honestly wasn't expecting much with this one. Don't know why, maybe it's the old fashioned label, but I didn't expect it to be so complex. If anything I expected a smooth vanilla Root Beer. What I got was a Root Beer that was spicy with strong flavors in it. I didn't know I liked Cinnamon in my Root Beer, but I do now. I'm giving this one an A with the understanding that it may be an acquired taste.


Purchased from Brookhaven Marketplace

No comments:

Post a Comment