Sunday, July 27, 2014

Berghoff Root Beer


Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Natural Flavoring, Yucca Extract, Gum Arabic, Ethyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol Alginate and Triethyl Citrate, Preserved with Citric Acid and Sodium Benzoate

Smell: Gave me a classic smell, not overly sweet with just the slightest hint of anise.


Head: Not very good, lasted long enough to take this picture, went away fairly quickly after that. Not very tall either.

Flavor: First off, this has one of the stronger bites I've felt from a Root Beer. Really kind of woke me up, and I like a good bite, but this may have been a bit much. The flavor itself was pleasant, the only real hint of anything was anise, but not so much that I disliked the flavor. Although the anise was the aftertaste.

Overall: Reading all of the above, you may actually be surprised that I enjoyed this. Anything I would normally consider a negative was so minimal that it didn't really bother me. And the flavor itself was very sweet and enjoyable, so I give this one a B.


Purchased from Brookhaven Marketplace

No comments:

Post a Comment