Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Henry Weinhard's Root Beer


Description: "Enjoy a truly great American Root Beer originally crafted by our master brewers during prohibition. This gourmet elixir, brewed with sassafras, vanilla and honey, proved to be a popular alternative for our beer-drinking loyalists."

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Vanilla Extract, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (Preserves Freshness), Honey Essence, Acacia Sassafras Extract

Smell: Normal sassafras smell, nice and sweet.


Head: A new champion reigns supreme. Seriously, It starts out nice and tall, and not only does it stay with you the whole drink, it stays nice and frothy till you're done. When I was done with the Root Beer, I found myself with almost half a mug of froth, which eventually melted away into more Root Beer. Seriously, I've never seen anything like it.

Flavor: This one's got a little bit of everything in its flavor. It's got a nice sweet classic taste, with just enough honey and vanilla to give that extra something that makes it special. The bite surprised me, as it was noticeable and spicy but not overdone. And the aftertaste was good as well, mostly vanilla.

Overall: I'd never even heard of this brand before I bought it, but it just blew away expectations left and right. This is one of the best brews I've ever had, my first sip I literally exclaimed "Oh!". It's unique and somehow familiar and doesn't overdo anything, but has everything you'd want. If you can find it, drink it. A.


Purchased from Mariano's

No comments:

Post a Comment